Date: Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Contact: Juliet Bromer, [email protected]
Venue: Erikson Institute
Address: 451 N. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL, United States Map
Invite-only symposium open to
administrators, policy makers, and advocates
Erikson Institute’s Herr Research Center for Children and Social Policy and Chicago’s Department of Family and Support Services are hosting A Symposium on Supporting Quality Family Child Care in Chicago.Did you know that more than half of young children receiving child care assistance in Chicago are cared for in home-based child care settings?
Attend this invite-only symposium to:
- Learn about current research on family child care quality from local experts and researchers.
- Learn and share information with experts from around the country about innovative approaches and strategies for improving family child care quality for children and families.
- Learn about effective agency practices for implementing the family child care option for Head Start and Early Head Start.
Featured projects and presentations:
- All Our Kin, New Haven, Connecticut
- Central California Migrant/Seasonal Head Start, Santa Cruz County, California
- Skip-a-Long Home Child Care Network, SAL Family and Community Services, Quad Cities/Peoria, Illinois
- Erikson Institute’s Family Child Care Specialist Training Project, Chicago, Illinois
- Illinois Action for Children
Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
8 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Continental breakfast, presentations, and panel of innovative programs
12:30 p.m.–2 p.m.
Networking lunch with panelists and presenters
For questions, contact Juliet Bromer at [email protected].