Erikson recognizes those who make significant contributions to the education and development of children.
Since 1994, Erikson has presented the Spirit of Erikson Institute Award to an individual or organization at our annual celebration.
Spirit of Erikson Institute AwardOn October 1, 2014, Erikson honored James Heckman for his work on the economics of early childhood development, including proving the economic gains from investing in early childhood development.
Heckman is a Nobel Memorial Prize winner in economics and the Henry Schultz Distinguished Service Professor of Economics at The University of Chicago.
- 2013: Robert R. McCormick Foundation and David Hiller Photos
- 2012: Joseph A. Gregoire and PNC Bank Photos
- 2011: Harriet Meyer Photos
- 2010: Larry Richman Photos
- 2009: Bill Kurtis and Donna LaPietra Photos
- 2008: After School Matters, accepted by Maggie Daley Photos
- 2007: J.B. Pritzker More
- 2006: John W. Rowe
- 2005: James C. Tyree
- 2004: Harrison I. Steans
- 2003: Michael P. Krasny and CDW
- 2002: Michael J. and Shirley R. Madigan
- 2001: Barbara T. Bowman
- 2000: Sandra P. Guthman
- 1999: John W. Rogers, Jr.
- 1998: Martin J. Koldyke
- 1997: Gery J. Chico
- 1996: Marjorie Craig Benton
- 1994: Irving B. Harris