The involvement and support of alumni — those who know us best — is essential to our work. There are many ways you can help Erikson prepare child development professionals to give children the best start in life.
- Make a gift: Erikson’s Annual Fund relies on your continuing support to sustain and enhance our programs and support deserving students. Give online now or discover other ways to give »
- Provide an internship: A cornerstone of the Erikson education is an internship tailored to a student’s career goals. When your organization becomes an Erikson internship site, you’ll have an intelligent and enthusiastic Erikson student available 15 hours per week during the academic year to assist you. And because each intern is closely supervised by an Erikson faculty member, you’ll also benefit from our faculty’s input and expertise. Apply to become an internship site »
- Be a mentor: Current students and alumni can benefit enormously from conversations with other professionals who are working in areas that interest them. If you would be willing to provide informational interviews and help graduating students make contacts in the field, contact us at [email protected].
- Help recruit students: Our graduates are our best recruiters. About 40 percent of all applicants say they learned about Erikson from one of our graduates. By sharing your experiences with prospective students, you provide the most compelling evidence of the value of an Erikson education. You can help in many ways:
- talk informally about your experiences at an open house for prospective students
- tell us about possible candidates whom we should be recruiting
- circulate Erikson brochures to potential students
- talk to prospective students who want to speak to a graduate about specific issues.
If you are interested in any of these activities, contact Michel Frendian, dean of enrollment management, at (312) 893-7145 or Valerie Williams, associate director of admissions and multicultural student affairs, at (312) 893-7142.
- Hire a student or graduate: If you’re looking for top talent in the early childhood field, submit a job posting online or email a complete job description to [email protected]. We also offer employers a resume book featuring highly qualified students and alumni who are seeking professional opportunities. Learn more »