To apply for financial aid, you must complete the following forms.
Erikson supplemental financial aid application form
The form may be completed on screen using Adobe Acrobat and printed. Return form by March 1 (or October 15 for the online programs, M.S. in Early Childhood Education and Bilingual/English as a Second Language Certificate) to:
Financial Aid Office
451 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60654-4510
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
You must have a personal identification number (PIN) to complete your Renewal FAFSA on the Web. If you do not have a PIN issued by the Department of Education, you may apply for one online at www.pin.ed.gov. If you do not obtain a PIN, you must mail a signature page after completing the FAFSA online.
Submitting the FAFSA is free. There is no application or processing fee.
To be considered for Erikson scholarships, need-based grants, and/or federal loans, you must submit the FAFSA and the Erikson supplemental financial aid application each academic year. We do not require a separate application for Erikson fellowships, scholarships or need-based grants.
For priority consideration for fellowships, scholarships and need-based grants, you should submit financial aid application materials by March 1. We will continue to award financial aid to students who apply after this date; however, awarding of fellowships, scholarships and need-based grants is contingent upon funds available after March 1.
Checklist: 2015-16 Financial Aid
- Gather 2014 federal income tax documents (W-2s, tax forms, etc.) and current checking and/or savings account and investment information.
- If you do not have a Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN), apply for a PIN via www.pin.ed.gov.
- Submit 2015-16 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Submit 2015-16 Erikson Supplemental Financial Aid Application to Erikson by March 1, 2015 (October 15, 2015 for the online programs, M.S. in Early Childhood Education and Bilingual/English as a Second Language Certificate) for priority consideration.
- Receive financial aid award letter (beginning in late March/late October).
- Return signed award letter to Erikson’s Financial Aid Office.
- If receiving federal student loans, complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and loan entrance counseling online at studentloans.gov.