Welcome, Erikson faculty and staff members!
Whether you’ve been teaching classes for 10 years or just joined one of Erikson’s projects, the library is here to help with any information need you might have. If your question isn’t answered below, please feel free to stop by and visit us on the 2nd floor, give us a call at 312-893-7210, or email us at [email protected].
All Erikson staff, faculty members, and project staff have full use of library resources–books, research databases, A/V items, etc.
Can you tell me if you have this book?
- Whether you’re on-campus or off, you can find this out by searching our catalog! Head to the library homepage at library.erikson.edu and type the title or keywords into the search box located under “Search for books, assessment kits, and A/V items.”
- If we have the book, it’ll show up in the list of results. Those results will also list whether or not a book is checked out.
I’m off-campus–how do I use the databases?
- Click on whichever database you’d like to search.
- A screen will pop up asking for a username and password–use you Erikson email username (without the @Erikson.edu) and Erikson email password.
- Search away!
How do I add/edit/delete a reading from my course?
- Head to dolly.erikson.edu/ares/ares.dll and log in with your Erikson email username (without the @Erikson.edu) and Erikson email password.
- You’ll see a list of all of your courses. If you’d like to edit or delete a reading, click on the course that the reading is from.
- The list of readings for the course will pop up. Click on the reading you’d like to change, and an editing screen will pop up where you can edit or delete it.
- If you’d like to add a new reading, click on the course you’d like to add a reading to.
- On the left sidebar under “Proxy course tools”, click “Add reserve item.”
- Click the type of reading you’ve like to add (article, chapter, book, etc.)
- Fill out the citation information, select which week or module you’d like the reading to belong to, and choose how you’ll supply the reading from the list of options.
- Click “submit item”!