A Prekindergarten Through 3rd Grade Professional Development Initiative
Language and Literacy Partners (LLP) support teachers and administrators in adopting and refining instructional practices that cultivate young children’s literacy skills. Our Balanced Literacy Framework is specifically designed to support PreK – 3rd grade teams through an in-depth study of literacy practices that supports:
- Listening and speaking
- Reading and writing
- Home language and dialect and the academic language of school
- Skill learning and high-level thinking
- Whole group and small group instruction with individual conferring and conversation
- School and home partnerships
2021-2022 Professional Development Offerings:
In-Person, Online, or Hybrid Format
- New Teacher Series: A year-long system of support for K-3rd grade teachers in their first three years of teaching or new to using a balanced literacy model.
- Storytelling, Drawing, and Writing: A 4-part series that supports PreK-3rd grade teachers in launching writing in the classroom and sustaining the practice across the school day.