The TEC Center conducts interdisciplinary, applied research that lies at the intersection of child development, psychology, communication, and policy. The TEC Center is dedicated to answering research questions that inform theory and support parents, practitioners, educators, librarians, and media developers in making the best possible media decisions for and with their children.
Current research projects include:
- Zoom Research Study with Pre-K and Kindergarten children
- Adolescent Media Use Text Message Intervention Research
- Adolescent Mental Health, Media Use, and COVID survey
- Surveys of Teachers Use of Technology in Classrooms
- Supporting 21st Century Librarians: Media Literacy in Early Childhood