More than 150 alumni, students, early childhood professionals, and other guests turned out Saturday, October 18, 2008, for the grand opening of Erikson’s new campus. They enjoyed tours, refreshments, and a series of presentations showcasing the work of faculty and alumni.
The event concluded with a discussion of current and future trends in the field led by President Samuel J. Meisels and Professor Barbara T. Bowman, with Frances Rust, senior vice president for academic affairs and dean, moderating.
- Introduction and the state of Developmentally Appropriate Practice (14:31)
- Resources: the economics of care and education (13 mins.)
- Q. What should Erikson be doing to approach the achievement gap? (6:49)
- Q. How do we ensure that early childhood bachelor’s degrees go beyond teaching methods to prepare people to work with infants, toddlers, and families? (4:15)
- Q. How do the revised Developmentally Appropriate Practice guidelines incorporate play? (9:59)