Erikson recognizes those who make significant contributions to the education and development of children.
Since 1994, Erikson has presented the Spirit of Erikson Institute Award to an individual or organization at our annual celebration.
Spirit of Erikson Institute AwardOn October 28, 2015, Erikson honored Carol Brunson Day for for her expertise in teacher education, professional development, diversity and multicultural education, and cultural influences on development, and has a long history of expertise on African American culture and heritage.
Erikson alumna Carol Brunson Day has spent her career as an advocate for quality early childhood services, serving as CEO of both the Council for Professional Recognition and the National Black Child Development Institute.
- 2014: James Heckman Photos
- 2013: Robert R. McCormick Foundation and David Hiller Photos
- 2012: Joseph A. Gregoire and PNC Bank Photos
- 2011: Harriet Meyer Photos
- 2010: Larry Richman Photos
- 2009: Bill Kurtis and Donna LaPietra Photos
- 2008: After School Matters, accepted by Maggie Daley Photos
- 2007: J.B. Pritzker More
- 2006: John W. Rowe
- 2005: James C. Tyree
- 2004: Harrison I. Steans
- 2003: Michael P. Krasny and CDW
- 2002: Michael J. and Shirley R. Madigan
- 2001: Barbara T. Bowman
- 2000: Sandra P. Guthman
- 1999: John W. Rogers, Jr.
- 1998: Martin J. Koldyke
- 1997: Gery J. Chico
- 1996: Marjorie Craig Benton
- 1994: Irving B. Harris