Informing, guiding, and supporting effective early childhood policy across Illinois and the United States.
Unique in its regional approach, the Herr Research Center for Children & Social Policy brings together perspectives from policy and research to promote the well-being of young children from birth to age eight and their families.
Our researchers design and conduct original research, evaluations, and analysis on the optimal organizational design, funding mechanisms, monitoring practices, and implementation strategies of early childhood programs and services. We then channel this knowledge to government officials, program administrators, advocates, foundation officers, and other participants in the policy process to improve the overall effectiveness of programs and policies for young children and their families.
- Projects in early education and care
- Events ranging from discussions about the PreK–3 approach to education to policy forums and roundtables
- Publications synthesizing relevant knowledge in the early childhood field and reporting the findings of original research projects
- News about Herr Research Center projects and initiatives
- Supporting the Herr Research Center